Friday 14 September 2012

Never Again - Year One (LP)



Firstly, I’ve stolen this Mediafire link from another blog. I don’t know who runs the blog, so I can’t thank them directly but cheers.
With that said, this is the LP which compiles all the songs recorded by Never Again, throughout their existence as a band, between 2009-2010. 
Never Again grew in to a band many people showed a keen interest in, literally over the same night the songs went online, it was instant! One night Tom says “listen to my new band”, it was good, the next night I checked the page for a re-listen and I seem to remember they had hundreds of Myspace friends and I can see why.
I’ve seen many people, myself included, referring to Never Again as being the best UK Hardcore band to date. I’m not straight-edge but their raw passion, anger and contempt towards society’s flaws (bar culture and social inadequacy) made an impact on me and still resonates. The sing-a-longs from songs such as ‘Enough Is Enough’, to the straight-edge anthem which is ‘Iron Youth’, to the screaming of “Anxiiiietyyyy Attackkkk” over the reverb, it’s just brilliant stuff. Unfortunately the band is no longer around, this year of existence sparked, what I’d literally class as a sound of music which is in part influenced by Never Again, bands including Think Twice (Nottingham), Iron Curtain (London) and Control (The North) are among those which instantly spring to mind (others may disagree, it’s just my opinion).
They were good, in the year they existed, I attempted to collect everything they’d recorded and every item of merch they’d printed… but these guys were spitting out records, cassettes, short sleeved t-shirts, long sleeved 4-sided t-shirts and crewnecks, quicker than any other band with ten years under their belt. What I was able to collect was:

*6 different t-shirt designs… of which they probably printed over 20.
*No Sympathy - Cassette Tape
*Repulsed - Cassette Tape
*Pressure - 7” - On three different colours
*Year One - LP
*-Live @ The Albert, Brighton - Cassette Tape (which came for free with the Year One LP)
The full discography is not in my collection and this is what the ‘Year One’ download you see before you includes:
*No Sympathy - Cassette Tape
* Repulsed -  Cassette Tape
* Pressure - 7”
* Ironclad + Never Again - Split 7” - only the NXA songs
*Mind Trap (Austria) + Never Again - Split 7” - only the NXA songs
*And 3 exclusive, previously unreleased tracks, including a cover of Boston legends No Justice, which fits well and they made it their own. 
All in all they were one of the most hard-working and busy bands that I know of, all of these releases and several tours of Europe, in the space of a single year.

It’s a shame that it came to an end so soon but hey ho. Life moves on and new bands have come out of it or the members older bands have had more attention paid to them.

Members of Never Again also play in / have also played in: Wayfarer, Comin’ Through (one show and no recordings, boo!), Sectarian Violence (an international band),  Inherit, Hang The Bastard, Hello Bastards, STAB, Final Rage… there are probably more obvious ones that I’m forgetting too. Oh, they’re also the guys who run the growing, mighty Carry The Weight Records (CTW Records)!

Anyway, download it HERE.

And view a video of one of their monstrously energetic and venomous live performances below:



No comments:

Post a Comment